- The light source emits photons.**
- These photons are absorbed by the mitochondria, and the cell membranes within the cells.
- Which in turn results in an elevation of ATP synthesis.
- The increase in ATP accelerates the cellular metabolism giving biochemical and cellular benefits.
- P. acnes bacteria is a Gram-positive anaerobe lives inside the pore. The blue light helps destroy the acne-causing P. acnes bacteria.
- Fibroblasts are responsible for the structural framework of tissue. The red and infrared light assist in the production of collagen and elastin fibers in connective tissue.
- Keratinocytes are cells found on the epidermis, providing structural strength to skin, hair, and nails. The red and infrared light assist with skin clarity, tone, and texture.
- Mast cells are a component of our immune response and are present in connective tissue throughout the body. They are essential for inflammatory reactions. The red and near infrared light trigger these cells.
- Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell responsible for the first line of defense in the inflamation process, fighting infection and healing wounds. A healthy population is important to protect the body from infection. Infrared light invigorates the neutrophils.
- Macrophage cells are specialists at detecting the presence of bacteria and other invaders within the body. Macrophages play a vital role in the annihilation of unwanted invaders by activating specific immune responses. The red and infrared light have a positive impact on these defenders.
Blue, red, and near-infrared are the most commonly used wavelengths in phototherapy.
Near-infrared light (800 to 1200 nanometers) penetrates into the deepest layers of the skin to assist the body in tissue repair/healing, and pain relief.
Red light therapy (630 to 700 nanometers) penetrates deep into the dermal layers of the skin, and converts light energy into cellular energy.
It offers natural, non-invasive, and painless skin rejuvenation.
The energy delivered is powerful, and further enhances results by stimulating the skin’s natural ability to produce collagen, and elastin fibers.
This helps to minimize fine lines/wrinkles, and plumps/firms the skin. It also increases cellular metabolism which accelerates the repair and replenishment of damaged cells, and helps maintain healthy, vibrant skin.
Blue light therapy (400 to 470 nanometers) has been clinically proven to be an effective partner in the treatment of acne.
The LED blue light energy specifically targets acne to help accelerate tissue repair, kills acne causing bacteria, reduces oil secretion, decreases inflammation, reduces redness, minimizes any post-extraction and break-out trauma, accelerated healing, reduces recovery time, and improves skin tone and texture.